Technical A+ training and business management training will prepare participants to enter the IT industry in helpdesk, pc maintenance, network technician, and network administrator roles. If you are interested in the IT On Demand program, please indicate this in your letter of interest when filling out your Application.
• 16-week program including technical, business and experiential training sessions
• Eight weeks of paid, experiential learning with a local IT employer
• Job placement assistance
• Designed and conducted with industry input
We are currently recruiting now through May 12. Program training will begin on May 15. Training is followed by an 8-week paid internship with a local Rhode Island employer. It is anticipated participants will be hired after successful completion of the program.
• The CompTIA A+ certification is the starting point for a career in IT. The exams cover maintenance of PCs, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems and printers.
• The Bryant University EDC Business Management Certificate hones participants’ business/soft skills and includes customer service, critical thinking, communication, and project management training.
IT On Demand is a comprehensive training strategy for entering the IT industry. This program is designed and delivered with industry involvement and provides participants with technical, business, and experiential training designed to address both the technical and soft skill/customer service needs of employers. IT On Demand is a 16-week contextualized education and training program, including eight weeks of paid experiential learning at a local IT employer.
This IT On Demand cohort will prepare participants for entry level roles in the industry. Participants are not required to have previous IT education or work experience to enter the program. Training will include CompTIA A+ certification, and a Business Management Certificate from Bryant University. Graduates will receive internship and job placement assistance in roles such as desktop technician, IT helpdesk and pc maintenance.